Halloween in Austin
Austin, Texas, is renowned for its vibrant culture and festivities, and Halloween is no exception. Whether you’re an adult looking for a thrilling night out or a parent seeking family-friendly activities, Austin has something for everyone this Halloween season. Let’s dive into the top Halloween events and activities for both adults and kids in 2023.
Halloween for Adults
1. Halloween Parties and Events:
- Nightmare on Gibson Street at Gibson Street Bar: Enjoy Halloween-themed cocktails and DJ sets on weekends throughout October.
- Moxy Halloween at Moxy Austin: Dive into the Halloween spirit with themed cocktails, movie nights, and free tarot readings.
- Black Lagoon Pop-Up Bar at King Bee: This international Halloween pop-up bar offers a goth-inspired ambiance and a themed cocktail menu.
- Lefty’s Shop of Horrors at Lefty’s Brick Bar: Experience a transformed bar with themed food & drink menus, Instagrammable backdrops, and events like the Scream Queen Drag Show and Murder Mystery Party.
- Ghoul at Azul at Azul Rooftop: Enjoy themed drinks, a live DJ, and costume contests.
- Spooky Silent Disco at The Belmont: Dance the night away with 3 DJs battling for your attention.
- Halloween Murder Mystery Dinner Party at Hotel Viata: Solve a classic Whodunit mystery while enjoying a sumptuous dinner.
- Panic at the Paramount at Paramount Theater: Watch classic Halloween movies and family favorites like Hocus Pocus.
- UNDEAD: Haunted House of Dances at Factory on 5th: Experience a spooky reimagining of the classic ballet Dracula.
- Freaky Deaky Fest at Travis County Expo Center: Dance to EDM, house, and techno genres at this two-day music festival.
2. Haunted Austin Tours:
- Explore the city’s haunted landmarks with the Haunted ATX Hearse Limousine or join the Austin Ghost Tours for a guided walking tour of the city’s most haunted places. For a mix of spooks and spirits, the Haunted Pub Crawl offers tales of Austin’s “old west” days.
Halloween for Kids
1. Fall Family Fun:
- Boo at the Zoo: Experience the Austin Zoo in the dark and enjoy a haunted stroll.
- Boo! Bash at Parker + Scott: Decorate Halloween tote bags and shop for local-made items.
- Halloween Children’s Concert by The Austin Symphony: Dress up and enjoy Halloween-themed music.
- Halloween Hootenany at The Thinkery: Engage in activities like Mummy Wrapping, Franken-Toys, and Pumpkin-Drumkin.
- Halloween Carnival at the Neill-Cochran House Museum: Enjoy trunk-or-treating, crafts, and a bouncy house.
- Pioneer Farms Pumpkin Nights: Walk through a festive path featuring giant jack-o-lanterns and attend daytime events like ghost tours and pumpkin-carving demonstrations.
- Harvest of Fall Fun at Sweet Berry Farm: Enjoy hayrides, pumpkin painting, and more autumn activities.
2. Día de los Muertos:
- Celebrate this traditional Mexican holiday from November 1-2. Attend cultural events, music performances, and art exhibits. The Mexic-Arte Museum hosts an annual Dia de los Muertos exhibition and the 40th Annual Viva la Vida Parade, Austin’s largest Día de los Muertos event.
Austin is brimming with Halloween festivities, ensuring a memorable experience for both adults and kids. So, mark your calendars and get ready for a spooktacular time!