Labor Day 2023
Labor Day, celebrated on Monday, September 4, 2023, is more than just a long weekend. It’s a tribute to the hardworking Americans who have significantly contributed to the nation’s strength and prosperity. If you’re considering spending this special weekend in Austin, you’re in for a treat! Here’s a curated list of things to do:
Float On Boat Rentals
Before diving into the plethora of activities that Austin offers, consider starting your weekend with a lake day with us! Whether you’re looking to party, sunbath, fish, wake surf, or just cruise and take in the scenery, Float On has got you covered! Be sure to book your boat soon before all our spots are gone!
Other Outdoor Activities
If for some reason a lake day with us isn’t in the cards for you, there’s a ton more options the Austin area has to offer for outdoor activities
- Paddle Boarding: Check out our friends at the Rowing Dock! They offer stand up paddle boarding, kayaking, and canoing on Lady Bird Lake.
- Pedal Kayaks: Try out pedal kayaking at Austin Pedal Kayaks on Lake Travis! This is a great option for getting out on the water with the family.
- Take a Hike: The Hill Country is also home to some breathtaking hiking trails and parks. Consider visiting Blue Hole Regional Park, Emma Long Metropolitan Park, Reimers Ranch Park, or McKinney Falls State Park.
- Drive-In Movies: Experience nostalgia at Austin’s drive-in theaters like Blue Starlite Urban Drive-In, MoonStruck Drive-In, or Doc’s Drive In Theatre.
- Golf: Tee off at one of Austin’s scenic golf courses. Falconhead Golf Club offers stunning Hill Country views, while Butler Park Pitch & Putt provides a quick city game.
- Swimming: Dive into Austin’s natural pools like Barton Springs Pool or Deep Eddy Pool. Alternatively, indulge in luxury at hotel pools like Austin Motel or W Austin.
- Brunch: Start your day with a hearty brunch. Choose from local favorites like Lamberts, The Peached Tortilla, Little Ola’s, or Bird Bird’s.
- Central Texas Tasting Rooms: Explore the local craft beverage scene. Visit Wine for the People or Still Austin Distillery for a unique tasting experience.
- Patio Dining: Embrace the Austin patio culture. Enjoy views from Ski Shores, Hula Hut, savor Tex-Mex at ¡Vamonos!, or relish the offerings at Verbena or Pool Burger.
Austin promises a Labor Day Weekend filled with memories, fun, and relaxation. Whether you’re an outdoor enthusiast, a foodie, or someone looking to relax, Austin has something for everyone. So pack your bags and get ready for an unforgettable weekend!